As a maintained school we are accountable to our Governing body.
The Governing body is made up of parents, staff and community volunteers.
The Governing body is responsible for the conduct of the school and must promote high standards of educational achievement.
It monitors and evaluates the work of the school by:
- Providing accountability for the Head Teacher’s leadership of the school
- Providing financial accountability and approving budgets
- Making sure all children make the best progress
- Conducting the Head Teacher’s performance management
Our Governors work as a team and undertake the following:
- Meet six times a year to monitor and evaluate the work of the school
- Attend training on safeguarding, finance and safer recruitment
- Arrange parent meetings and fund raising activities
A list of governors and their roles can be found here: Governing Body Details 2016 -17.