Free School Meals
You may be entitled to Free School Meals for your child if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
*Free School Meals are only applicable on the days where a child stays for the full day. For example if a child does 15 hours at the end of week, he or she would only be entitled to a free school meal on Thursday and Friday and would have to pay for lunch on the Wednesday (half day) afternoon.
For more information and to apply online, visit here. You can also visit any of the One Stop Shops.