Covid-19 – Remote Learning
During the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, there may be times when children can not physically attend Abercromby. This may include:
- A room or the whole school needs to close after advice from public health, due to a local outbreak of Covid-19. A child or family who are not well would not be expected to engage with home learning.
- A national lockdown where all schools are required to close for most children. Key worker and vulnerable children may still attend
If this happens, your child’s teachers will support you with ideas for continuing the learning journey at home. Our main ways of doing this are via “Learning Journals“, our online learning journal system, and ParentMail our main communication system. You can read more about how we will do this in our Remote Education Plan.
Remote Learning will be tailored to the age and stage of the children but may include the following:
- daily stories and rhymes read by the staff your children know
- messages from your child’s key person
- phone calls from your key person
- Zoom meetings with the class teacher
- Ideas for learning activities posted on Learning Journals or sent out via ParentMail
- for those not able to access Learning Journals or ParentMail, paper copies of ideas can be sent out on request
When taking part in Remote Learning, it is likely that children will be accessing activities via the Internet. We would like to remind our families of the need to keep children safe whilst they are online. Please see lots of ideas and support on our Internet Safety page.