Covid-19 – Remote Learning
During the Covid-19 pandemic, there may be times when children can not physically attend Abercromby. This may include:
- A national lockdown where all schools are required to close for most children. Key worker and vulnerable children may still attend
- Due to an incidence of Covid-19 within one class, the class bubble may have to close as contacts of the infected person have to self isolate
- After an outbreak of Covid-19 in the school, following advice from Public Health, the whole school may have to close for a period of time
If this happens, your child’s teachers will support you with ideas for continuing the learning journey at home. Our main way of doing this is via Tapestry our online Learning Journal. You can read more about how we will do this in our Remote Education Plan.
Remote Learning will be tailored to the age and stage of the children but may include the following:
- daily stories and rhymes read by the staff your children know
- messages from your child’s key person
- phone calls from your key person
- Zoom meetings with the class teacher
- Ideas for learning activities posted on Tapestry or sent out via ParentMail
- for those not able to access Tapestry or ParentMail, paper copies of ideas can be sent out on request
When taking part in Remote Learning, it is likely that children will be accessing activities via the Internet. We would like to remind our families of the need to keep children safe whilst they are online. Please see lots of ideas and support on our Internet Safety page.