Nursery During the Covid-19 Pandemic – September 2021
The government has relaxed many of the rules and guidance around the Covid-19 pandemic, particularly now so many of us have been double vaccinated. However, we take our responsibility to keep our children and school community safe very seriously, especially while the Covid infection rate is still high.
We welcome returning and new children, and their families into our Abercromby Community. We know many families will have worries about bringing their children to school during the Covid-19 pandemic, but please be assured we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe whilst giving our children a normal and fun nursery learning experience. We cannot make it no risk, but together we can make it low risk.
We are making Nursery as normal as we can for the children, still providing them with high quality care and education. Have a look at this video to see what a fantastic time the children have here, even in a pandemic!
Here are ways we are working together to keep safe and keep our children learning:
- We continue to risk assess how to open safely, responding dynamically to the current situation. The full risk assessment can be found here and includes maintaining excellent hygiene through hand washing and extra cleaning, mask wearing, social distancing and good ventilation.
- We continue to follow child centred settling in procedures, adapting our policy during the pandemic, but still allowing one family member to stay with their child, whilst they get used to Nursery.
- We have a safer way in to school via the car park, keeping families outside which we know is low risk. Follow the one way system in through the car park, then through the side gate to arrive at the door into the classroom, from the garden.
- The way out is then to walk out through the garden and the wide garden gate back into the car park.
- Please wear a mask and give people space.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME!
- Check you are getting our ParentMail messages and that you can access Learning Journals, the online learning journal system for your child.
- Make sure we have your latest contact details, and the details of two other contacts.
- We have a contingency plan when the class, or whole school has to close due to a Covid outbreak and will provide Remote Education