Please bring a packed lunch in a named lunch box for your child.
We would like to offer the following guidelines for a healthier packed lunch:
- We don’t have anywhere to keep lunches cool, so please do not put in food that may go off
- We cannot heat up food brought from home
- We provide water for all our children so no drinks are required. We encourage the children to drink lots of water to help them concentrate and feel well
- Include some foods high in carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, wraps or rice
- Add some protein such as chicken, turkey, ham, eggs, tofu, cheese, beans etc
- Add some vegetables such as carrot sticks, tomatoes, cucumber; fresh fruit such as apple, banana or pear; or dried fruit such as raisins or apricots
- If you provide grapes, please cut them in half lengthways, as whole grapes are a choking risk for small children
- You can include a dairy product or dairy alternative, such as fromage frais or yoghurt
- Limit snacks such as crisps, chocolate and biscuits. Snack foods tend to be high in fat, sugar and salt, causing weight gain, possibly leading to heart disease. High sugar foods are high in calories and are bad for teeth.
- Please avoid anything with nuts. Some children can have a severe reaction to nuts.